Places Around Mysore

You want to take a break, just want to run away from Bangalore traffic, want to go on a long ride, you need not have to think to twice where to go, just 120 km from Bangalore is the worlds heritage city - MYSORE.

I have been to this place many times, but still not tired of it, in fact there is always a place which i have not visited, the number option you have to go around is huge.

Let me start with my favorite.

The Magical Mysore Palace -

I have been to this place many times, right from my school trip, along with friends and family but I really don't know how many people really experience the beauty of this place, very first its huge, takes time take a look at each and every sculpture. It was never a place which amazed me much, it was just like another historical place but when i visited last time around, my family members opted for a guide.
He started with very much history of Mysore, then some of the sculptures, well well here comes the big part which i had missed every time i had been to this place, the paintings, believe me I don't know how old they are but they where magical, they are around 20 3D painting, take a look at each painting, when i saw the first painting i was literally stunned, there are around 30 people in the painting and when i move from one corner to other corner, its like they just turn around and look at me, they will be facing you no matter which way you see the painting, not many people who visit realize this, they just pass by. Take a look at each painting right from the finger ring to the shoes they wear move along with you as you pass by, its just amazing, just cant put the magical feeling in words. Do check out where the maharajahs you sit and the paintings on the wall, i don't know how they managed to do it. Just amazing.

I know you have been there many times, but if you had missed it, just go and have a look, its worth it.

Now lets get back to some other places, well overall best part of Mysore is, its very calm.

Mysore Zoo -
You need to couple of hours to go around this zoo, this is one of the best zoos you can get, so when you are there do visit. Again its not crowded and its well maintained.

Chamundi Hill.

You have a temple of goddess Chamundeshwari, half way to the temple you will also find 16 foot huge nandi Bull, you will also get a very good view of Mysore from top of the hill, its green green everywhere.

KRS -

Krishna Raja Sagar dam, well this place is a must visit in Mysore, especially the musical fountain.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hiee...frndzz..i m here to share my feelings when i went to bandipur resots..with my family..really to say its a beautiful place to enjy with ur loved ones..each and every moment i enjoyed..dnt miss dose beautiful moments..with ur loved one..if u want peace of mind over all tensns..u really want to njoy with ur family btr to opt bandipur resorts..

Unknown said...

Quick Cabs is the best and reputed cabs provider in Bangalore,we offering 24 hours city taxi service,we provide luxury city taxi and Airport taxi in low price. rent a car bangalore

Unknown said...

very helpful for me to this blog, We are specialized in A.C & Non A.C, South and North Indian, family restaurant, lodges, south Indian hotels in Bommasandra, family hotel services.Family Restaurant in Bommasandra

Day Outing Packages Near Around Delhi said...


Weekend Getaways|Getaways From Delhi|Holiday Near Delhi|Cheap Weekend Trips From Delhi Comment Thanks for sharing good information !

nancylinda223 said...

This is really wonderful places around Mysore you shared. Thank you for sharing.

Tourist Places in Bangalore | Places in Bangalore

Mark Dev said...

This is a great blog, usually I don't post comments on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so!
Weekend Getaways
Weekend Destinations

Unknown said...

Wow. Bangalore has more beautiful place to visit. I went here so many times here and enjoyed well with my friends lot. I like bangalore so much. Thank you.

Bus Ticket Booking Online | Book Online Bus Tickets